High-Throughput Sequencing in 96-well Plates — Large-Volume Orders
Do you have large numbers of PCR products or plasmids that can or need to be sequenced in parallel? And you have further come to the conclusion that our Barcode High-Throughput Sequencing Service is not an option for you? Then we recommend our large-volume sequencing service in 96-well plates (includes also ready-to load sequencing samples). Depending on the number of sequencing reactions to be ordered, you will benefit from volume-dependent discounts.1
To learn more about this type of sequencing service including pricing, please see the various sections below. To obtain information about detailed prices, please login to our webshop and download the current price list.
Main Service Features and Benefits:
- Whole-plate sequencing on plasmids or PCR products
- Read length per run: up to 1100 bases
- Standard primers and up to 12 specific primers will be added per plate free of charge
- Convenient service: easy ordering and overnight in-house production of specific sequencing primers.
- User-friendly sample shipment: Customers with a Microsynth collection box in their vicinity may benefit from cost-free shipment
- Rapid turnaround time: sequencing time down to 3 days, depending on the amount of samples
- Direct access to support by experienced academic staff (no waiting on a recorded-message hotline)
- Additional services upon request (additional charge will be necessary):
- Clone picking into 96-well plates and generation of glycerol stocks
- PCR purifications or plasmid preparations (from E. coli) on request
- Manual editing of your chromatograms by an experienced staff scientist
- Project-based mutation reports
Conventional samples: Prices go down to CHF 4.20 / EUR 3.00 per reaction (discount is dependent on purchase quantities)
Plasmids and purified PCR products should be sent in liquid form at room temperature in pure water, 10 mM TrisHCl (pH: 8.0) or 10 mM TrisHCl (pH: 8.0 with a maximum of 0.01 mM EDTA). Standard TE buffer is not suitable for sequencing. Correct sample amounts/concentrations are critical. PCR reactions can also be sent directly after PCR in their reaction buffer at room temperature. PCR purification will then be performed in-house. In such a case we recommend sending a gel image of at least 10 PCR products (random check) along with your samples.
Microsynth also accepts E. coli cells (instead of isolated and purified plasmids). Clone picking and plasmid preparation will then be performed at Microsynth. In such cases we recommend sending us the cells as single colonies on agar plates, as liquid Luria Broth cultures at room temperature or as frozen glycerol stocks on dry ice. Alternatively, cells can already be supplied in 96-well plates as frozen glycerol stocks or in Luria Broth (LB) medium at room temperature. Liquid culture requires good sealing. Especially 96-well plates should be sealed with 8-cap stripes, 96-cap mats or heat sealing.
Important – Please Note!
Microsynth accepts almost all common 96-well or 386-well plates with conical bottoms. You can also request common 96-well or 386-well plates with conical bottoms from us. When sending samples in liquid state to us, please make sure that the plates are tightly sealed with strips. Alternatively, you can dry your samples e.g. by means of a Speedvac, seal the plate with a foil and send it to us.
The reactions are processed according to your online order (if you use the excel sheet import tool please be aware that the wells are filled in vertical columns top to bottom, left to right (e.g. 96-well plate A1, B1, C1 … H11, H12).
How to Order?
- Important: Please first contact us at Microsynth and request an offer!
- Enter our webshop
- Click on Select Services in the "DNA Sequencing" menu
- Click on Order Form in the High-Throughput Service box (Standard Segment) and follow the further instructions
1 In order to benefit from volume-dependent discounts, you need to have minimally 240 sequencing samples (this equals 5 96-well plates with each plate containing minimally 48 samples).