High-Throughput Sequencing Service in 96- or 384-well Plates
Do you have relatively high numbers of PCR products or plasmids that can or need to be sequenced in parallel? And you have further come to the conclusion that our Barcode High-Throughput Sequencing Service is not an option for you? Then we recommend our High-Throughput Sequencing Service for 96- and 384-well plates.
To learn more about this type of sequencing service, please see the various sections below. To obtain information about prices, please login to our webshop and download the current price list.
Main Service Features and Benefits:
- Whole-plate sequencing on plasmids or PCR products
- Read length per run: up to 1100 bases
- Standard primers and up to 8 specific primers will be added per plate free of charge
- Convenient service: easy ordering and overnight in-house production of specific sequencing primers.
- User-friendly sample shipment: Customers with a Microsynth collection box in their vicinity may benefit from cost-free shipment
- Rapid turnaround time: sequencing time down to 3 days, depending on the amount of samples
- Direct access to support by experienced academic staff (no waiting on a recorded-message hotline)
- Additional services upon request (additional charge will be necessary):
- Clone picking into 96-well plates and generation of glycerol stocks
- PCR purifications or plasmid preparations (from E. coli) on request
- Manual editing of your chromatograms by an experienced staff scientist
- Project-based mutation reports
Sample RequirementsPlasmids and purified PCR products should be sent in liquid form at room temperature in pure water, 10 mM TrisHCl (pH: 8.0) or 10 mM TrisHCl (pH: 8.0 with a maximum of 0.01 mM EDTA). Standard TE buffer is not suitable for sequencing. Correct sample amounts/concentrations are critical.
PCR reactions can also be sent directly after PCR in their reaction buffer liquid at room temperature. We require that you check the quality of the sample with an agarose gel (at least one sample per PCR primer pair) before shipment. Please send us the gel image together with the plate or in a separate e-mail.
Microsynth also accepts E. coli cells (instead of isolated and purified plasmids). Clone picking and plasmid preparation will then be performed at Microsynth. In such cases we recommend sending us the cells as single colonies on agar plates, as liquid Luria Broth cultures at room temperature or as frozen glycerol stocks on dry ice. Alternatively, cells can already be supplied in 96-well plates as frozen glycerol stocks or in Luria Broth (LB) medium at room temperature. Liquid culture requires good sealing. Especially 96-well plates should be sealed with 8-cap stripes, 96-cap mats or heat sealing.
Microsynth accepts almost all common 96-well or 386-well plates with conical bottoms. You can also request common 96-well or 386-well plates with conical bottoms from us.
The reactions are processed according to your online order (if you use the excel sheet import tool please be aware that the wells are filled in vertical columns top to bottom, left to right (e.g. 96-well plate A1, B1, C1 … H11, H12).
How to Order?
- Enter our webshop
- Click on Select Services in the "DNA Sequencing" menu
- Click on Order Form in the High-Throughput Service box and follow the further instructions