Economy Run Service
Your sequencing demand for routine sequencing samples such as PCR products or plasmids is straightforward? And you have further come to the conclusion that our Barcode Economy Run Service is no option for you? Then we advise taking a closer look at our Economy Run Service where you don’t have to purchase a certain number of barcode labels in advance.
To learn more about this type of sequencing service, please see the various sections below. To obtain information about prices, please login to our webshop and download the current price list.
Main Service Features and Benefits:
- Read length per run: up to 1100 bases
- Standard primers and specific primers will be added free of charge
- Failed reactions will be repeated free of charge
- Convenient service
- Easy ordering and overnight in-house production of specific sequencing primers
- Blue (barcoded) labels are available to allow unambiguous sample identification
- No need to acquire pre-paid barcode labels in advance. You will be charged after using this service.
- User-friendly and cost-free sample shipment: Just use either Microsynth’s pick-up service or request our pre-paid and pre-addressed envelopes for cost-free shipment via post mail.
- Rapid turnaround time: sequencing time in the laboratory <24h
- Direct access to support by experienced academic staff (no waiting on a recorded-message hotline)
- Additional services:
- PCR purification available (additional fee is applicable)
- Specific treatment for GC-rich samples (free of charge!)1
DNA samples and sequencing primers can be sent pre-mixed (within one tube) or separate (different tubes). Each DNA sample should have a volume of 12 µl. In case you wish that Microsynth adds your sequencing primer, please make sure that you send us sufficient amount of your primer solution (minimally 20 µl of a 10 µM solution; in case you want to store your primer at our lab, consider that each sequencing reaction consumes at least 3 µl). DNA samples and primers for sequencing reactions are best dissolved in pure water. Alternatively, 10 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8) or 10 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8) with a maximum of 0.01 mM EDTA can be used for a better long term DNA stability. Standard TE-buffer is not suitable, because higher EDTA concentrations inhibit polymerase activity. Templates are stored for 1 week whereas primers will be kept at Microsynth for 1 year.
Sample Amounts & Concentrations
|Effective Amount (in 12 µl)||Pipetting Scheme for Pre-mixed Option|
|720-1200 ng||12 µl DNA template solution + 3 µl sequencing primer solution|
18 ng per 100 bases in a volume of 12 µl
|PCR (300bp)||4.5 ng/µl||54 ng|
|PCR (400bp)||6.0 ng/µl||72 ng|
10 pmol/µl = 10 µM
Important – Please Note!Free pick-up service: Our customers in Switzerland (Basel, Bern, Lausanne and Zurich) and Austria (Graz, Innsbruck and Vienna) may benefit from our free pick-up service. In order to determine whether there is a Microsynth collection box in your immediate vicinity, please call us or register/ login and see under “View Collection Points”. For all customers without a Microsynth collection box close by, Microsynth offers convenient and cost-free shipment of samples via its pre-paid and pre-addressed envelopes.
How to Order?
- Enter our webshop
- Click on Select Services in the “DNA Sequencing” menu
- Within the “Standard Segment” click on Order Form in the “Economy Run Service” domain and follow the further instructions
1 You are recommended to choose this option in case your sequence contains GC-rich sequences or hairpin structures. We then apply a protocol which has been developed specifically for GC-rich sequencing templates. Routine samples show best results with the standard protocol, whereas GC-rich samples show best results with this new protocol.
2 In order to yield good sequencing results, please adjust your DNA plasmid solution within the requested concentration range. Please consider that the optimal DNA concentration is 80 ng/µl.
3 Direct primer synthesis for sequencing possible.